rootsPersona creates one or more pages of family history using data imported from a Gedcom file (version 5.5).
rootsPersona creates one or more pages of family history using data imported from one or more Gedcom files.
For a sample family history website, see the one at thompson-hayward-snypes-moore.net
- Support for Gedcom Version 5.5
- Ability to upload more than one Gedcom file from the same source and link families together
- Ability to select which persons from the Gedcom file to create pages for
- As updates are made, Gedcom files can be reloaded and existing pages will be updated
- Each page includes links to children and spouses
- Each page displays a visual family tree that includes three generations
- Ability to link pictures uploaded to WordPress to each person (up to 7)
- Pages identified as ‘Permission Required’ will only be displayed to users who are logged into your WordPress site
- Install rootsPersona from the WordPress plugin site, or use the Add Plugins button on the Plugins page of your WordPress instance.
- (optional) Set a Parent Page for the created pages on the rootsPersona Options page.
At this point the plugin is ready to use!